On Jan 24, 2013, at 11:00 AM, "M G" <trainpain2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes I know that linux of some flavor or another may be installable but I have
> some older programs that require no later then XP in order to run. No I don't
> want to run XP in a virtual machine under linux or win7 as that is to me just
> too cumbersome.
>
> My thought is to see if anyone knows of a laptop that I can look for that has
> drivers for XP and will allow XP to be installed. I would prefer one that
> runs at 2+ ghz, has all the normal plugin possibilities, and will take a 6
> gig drive or bigger. I don't need a huge screen and don't really like the
> keyboards that have a numeric keypad added in the right of the normal
> keyboard as I don't use it and it puts the keyboard off center and it feels
> wrong.
>
> So there it is. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Ugh. Windows XP is almost at the end of its life cycle. All new computers that
are Windows based are shipping with Windows 8, which is three generations newer
than XP. You are hanging on to an obsolete operating system. Windows 7 will run
most XP programs in "XP mode" I believe.
A Lenovo T-60 or T-61 would fit your needs nicely. As would a Dell D-630.
I run Linux. Much like Apple products "it just works". I do have to boot into
Windows soon though, TurboTax doesn't make a Linux version.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone