On 09/02/2013 8:00 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
1971 Arctic Cat Panther 303W, powered by a Sachs 303cc Wankel Rotary engine.
About 19hp, 2 stroke, single rotor. Not a real high top speed, I had it up to
maybe 20 today, it might make 40, but its real smooth and has lots of torque, a
real good machine for pulling a load.

Some pics from today:
http://i.imgur.com/66IFIGE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T0rRZo9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/87qa6gf.jpg

Its missing the seat in those pics as I'd replaced the gas line in
troubleshooting. I've got a seat, its got an awesome leopard skin pattern on it.

Some engine shots, these are old but it still looks mostly the same:
http://deadsledwrenchers.net/projects/303engine.JPG
http://deadsledwrenchers.net/projects/303engine2.JPG

-Curt

Do you have to licence and insure the snowmobiles where you are?
If so, what does that cost you?

I would sort of like to obtain a couple of old and fairly inexpensive machines but am reluctant to commit to more annual ongoing costs.

How is parts availability for the old Arctic Cats?

I would guess that Arctic Cat, Ski-Doo and Polaris should be as good as it gets with older parts. They sold lots of machines and still exist so the odds are probably better than the ones that disappeared.

Randy