Jaime,

You might be interested in a casual non-scientific survey of Internet parts
vendors I made a week ago. it was rather distressing to find that many
suppliers offer substandard parts made offshore, the URO brand being one of the
most prevalent suppliers.

If you do some comparisons between suppliers you can easily pick these out, as
they are almost always a substantial amount less than other suppliers.

This is why it is critical to have a trusted and knowledgeable supplier such as
a Rusty or Jabba who knows the difference and can filter this information.

Based on some of the phone calls I made, one example being Autohausaz, the
person on the phone either could not make a distinction or failed to offer an
alternative to the cheap parts. In fact, one supplier I called who will remain
nameless argued with me as to why I would want to "waste my money" on a higher
priced part from a different supplier. The concept of quality versus price was
nonexistent to them, or so it seemed.

My little experiment last week made me realize that many of the online parts
suppliers are selling on one thing and one thing only: price.

Sadly, that's not their fault, but the fault of the consumer.

It's also why I went back to my local dealer and was able to work out a
discount that is fair and equitable to both of us. I'll still buy parts from
Trent as long as he does well, but if the difference in price is marginal, or I
want the part tomorrow, I'll go to my dealer.

Dan