The closest MBUSA warehouse is in Jacksonville, which has pretty much
everything. If I call him before 4:00 pm he can VOR the part and I have it by
8:00 am the next morning.

Even piddly stuff like rubber bits or interior trim. How about a windshield?
Had one in stock that was in TPA the next morning. The local glass guys
couldn't get one from their aftermarket suppliers for two days.

I have no idea what my discount is, but unlike other dealers, these guys don't
inflate list price and then discount it down to make it appear they are giving
you a "deal". I paid $20 for a gallon of coolant the other day, for example. I
am picking up a transmission mount on Friday that will cost me around $65.

I can get a URO mount for under $40 plus shipping. For that small of a
difference, why bother? Not to mention I KNOW the quality of the part I am
getting from the dealer.

There is still plenty of stuff I can buy from Trent that will be cheaper that
I'm not in a hurry for. I want to replace my instrument cluster bulbs. Perfect
example where I will go aftermarket and save a few bucks. Another one would be
shocks.

Understand that for nearly 12 years I spent a couple thousand a year on parts
between all of the MBs I had. Much of that was spent with my dealer, who I
visited and discussed my purchasing habits with in advance, and actively
pursued them as a supplier. For that they gave me very competitive pricing,
which, after a seven year hiatus, they were willing to continue to do.

I would encourage any of you who are serious about buying from your dealer to
go and talk with their parts people. I am sure many of them have the latitude
to give you a fair price on parts. It's in their best interest to do so.

It sounds like Jaime has a similar situation, although his might be due to his
relationship with MBUSA?

And if they choose not to offer you a decent discount, you still have plenty of
options.

Dan