IIRC, the center pivot for the big spring was pot metal, and broke in both
of the manual window cars I had. I fabricated new ones from a large bolt
with a grinding wheel and hack saw, over the better part of a day each
time. I worried that the electric windows in the '76 300D would be even
more trouble, but I only had to clean switches - they were trouble free
over the 150,000 miles otherwise. The only problems with the SLC windows
were the flacking louvers in the back windows and one switch that needed
cleaning over the 100,000 that I had the car. Now, the engine was another
story!

--
OK Don
2013 F150