My 5.0 SLC had pretty good louvers:
http://www.jaimekop.com/ebay/SLC/SLC12.jpg

But you can see them starting to peel at the bottom.  And this was a car
that was garaged for probably 75% of its life and had 27k miles.

The guy who owns the car now had it completely stripped and repainted.  I
wonder if he did anything to restore the louvers.

Jaime

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 7:17 AM, Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> I have always heard horror stories about the louvers. Things about them
> being unobtanium and difficult to remove, clean/paint around, etc.
>
> Dan
>
> On Mar 22, 2013, at 3:27 AM, dsereta...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I always thought that the SLC louvers were ultra cool. I'd like to have
> me a 450 SLC 5.0. Now that's a car. Pop in a 5 speed manual and it'll be
> all set to go.
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

> >> The electric window mechanisms (and the door check stops) in the
> >> 107 are magnificent pieces of engineering, unlike the wretched
> >> pot-metal bits of the 123/126, etc.
> >>
> >> -- Jim

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/