Some painkillers affect people differently.  For example, after a few doses
of Percoset I stopped taking them because of unpredictable side effects.
 Hydrocodone was far more predictable but I also only took a few.  I am
like Dan, would rather tough it out.

Pain medication is supposed to reduce, not eliminate pain, right?

I think a lot of people think pain medication should eliminate pain of any
sort.