----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Frederick" <psf...@earthlink.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Hooked on oxys [was: Re: Ripping me open [was: Re:Autohaus AZ]]

My own personal experiences with strong painkillers are very limited -- had a kidney stone in 2002, NOT fun, but one percocet was more than enough, tossed the rest. The pain goes away, the drugs last all day.

After my auto accident, I had some severe pain from bruised nerves, and those Lortabs were great for the two days I really suffered, but how wants to be zoned out? I got stuff to do, even when I'm so sore I can barely move, I don't want to be out.

As I said, the real danger is finding being disconnected from reality blissful. Steep slope down to a place ya don't wanna be, I think.

Everybody knows at least one alcoholic, painkiller addiction is the same, just a different way to get there.

Peter
I wonder what the situation will be when and if marijuana is legalized? For most people it's not supposed to be physically addictive like narcotics or alcohol. Having never tried it I have no concept of what it "feels" like. Does a person feel drunk? High as if on speed? Calm as if on some narcotics or tranquilizers? Anyone on the list tried marijuana; i.e. you were in a room thick with smoke but didn't smoke it yourself [:o) )? Gerry