I don't do all the things I used to either; 'don't walk very gracefully, either. 'Can't walk safely without a walker. BTW, you shoulda seen the load of stuff I hauled outa Sam's on my mobility scooter coupla hours ago. People wonder why I don't have that dinky little basket hanging on my scooter tiller. (I first said just "tiller," then though I oughta insert "scooter." ;<) ) Size of basket makes it nearly useless; basket is in the way and is a nuisance - takes me only 30 seconds to assemble/disassemble the other, 4 necessary parts of the scooter kept in trunk of the '87 300D.

Wilton, 'Only 78

----- Original Message ----- From: "David & Kristin Gilmore" <dandkgilm...@frontier.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Hooked on oxys

At 11:49 AM 3/24/2013, Dan wrote about pain killers:

That stuff scares the heck out of me. I am understandably concerned about the wife's upcoming hip replacement surgery, as I know there will be a lot of post operative pain, and she has a pretty low threshold for it.

I had a hip replaced about eight months ago. My feet got tangled in a vine and I fell downhill, hitting the point of the hip on a rock. Cracked off the ball at the top of the thigh bone. They said my bones were good so they didn't have to do much to the pelvis, just put a sort of ball joint with tent stake in the thigh bone. They went in from the side. When I left the hospital I was given pain pills to take if needed. I used them to help sleep at night for a couple days.

There wasn't much pain unless I tried to reach or bend too far. I didn't have much strength to lift the leg but I could get around pretty well with a walker as soon as I got home. A couple weeks and I graduated to a cane. In a month I was driving my tractor again. I still don't walk as gracefully as I once did but I do all the things I used to. I am 72.

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

     Market culture is youth culture.