Kevin wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 08:34:12PM -0500, John Ervine wrote:
> > What wasn't normal was a 320mA current draw with *all* fuses removed.

My 1980 300SD has the Chrysler climate control (as featured on the 1972
Chrysler Imperial). When I bought my car, the servo was stuck and would
not go into park when I shut the car down. Made it crank kind of slow
after sitting overnight. After I drove the car home, I parked it for
three days and the battery was dead (permanently, it was a 7 year old
Autozone and that was the last straw as far as it was concerned).
The problem was a ~400mA draw. There was an inline fuse near the main
fusebox that powered the climate control servo. Pulled that fuse and
the battery drain went away, but the CC was still dead. I suspect your
1980 wagon may have the same problem if you have the servo system and
not the later monovalve system.