Larry,

One cheapie pump I have is a diaphragm type pump.. one is a gear type. Both
work for oil removal. The gear type is slightly higher volume, but a bit
harder to get primed.. so it runs longer before sucking oil. No filter,
they are "trash pumps" dedicated to oil removal.

You will be spoiled doing the "one man and a pump from the bottom" brake /
clutch bleed system. I just did a large truck and pumped brake fluid from
the rear wheels 14 ft to the brake master cylinder... it was painless.
First I sucked the old tired brake fluid out, then reversed the pump and
pumped fresh in.. all from the bleed screws.. by myself. Took 15 minutes
total... "sweet".

Grant...