From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Scott
Ritchey
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 3:51 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wheel Balancing -- '87 300SDL

Steering damper?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Ralph
Robertson
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:15 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Wheel Balancing -- '87 300SDL

I am having problems getting my wheels balanced on my SDL.  Have had them
balanced, on the car, off the car, and with road force machines, but they
still become unbalanced quickly.  I am assuming it is the balance as the
wobble/vibration is felt in the steering wheel mostly.  What else would
cause this other than balancing.
I recently installed a new set of Michelins as the "road force" balancer
indicated it was the tires themselves.  However after less than 1 year I
again have strong indications at all speeds over 50 mph.
I am currently returning from Florida and I have the car well loaded down
with a lot of weight in the back seat and trunk, and was wondering if this
extra weight could be a part of the problem, indicating something other
than balance.

Ralph, '87 300SDL
          '84 300CD