Not sure why the call it a tank, may just be an odd translation?
Perhaps tool insert holder may be more apt?
Anyway the way I read that is that the tool holder insert is sold both with and without tools. For instance you may have the tools but the holder is not that flash, so you can buy just the holder.
Anyway it's a bit more fancy that the old school tool roll.

Hendrik
who has old school roll in ze car