As everyone has chimed in, there isn't any more to be said. It's a simple
variable resistance that causes the gauge to move based on the change.

Without knowing the symptoms it's near impossible for anyone to posit a fix.

More details as to the issue/complaint would go a long way...

Dan

Sent from my iPad