On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:16:49 -0500 Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

 >Light rail is making some inroads, they've managed to put it from
 >places people live to places people want to go which helps. Folks
 >I've talked to like it.
 >
 >-Curt

 LA has a perfectly good subway system under the pre-1955 parts.  It
 was shuttered in the 1950s due to the power of GM so GM could sell
 busses to replace it.

I was told it was above ground. I forget the name, but my grandfather
told of rescuing a woman from her car that had stalled on the tracks
seconds before the train hit it.

Craig

most subways have parts above ground.  ala chitown