Tried to fix the mess in Cleo. Rusty was as swift as ever in getting the parts here, but silly me forgot to order the manifold gasket.

Background - Cleo is not firing off well and the 124 Bible failure mode for the glow light makes it look like either plug one or two others are bad, and/or the relay is bad. Got the relay in and that sort of changed how it worked. Tested the harness to see which plugs are out of spec. Looks like only #5 is really bad. Something like 5 million Ohm. #5 has been replaced at least twice historically.

After removing the cross over intake pipe, had to really scratch around to be able to get to the plug. Darn thing is super glued in there. No matter how hard we torqued on the thing it was not going to budge. Did get others loose, so maybe there was issue with #5 not in common with the others. Either cross thread or ....

The tip mushroomed and has locked the stupid thing in there. Either way, this plug was not coming out under my ministrations. Buckled it all back up and it starts like crap but does run. How long until there is enough heat to melt the tip all the way so that I can get it out? How do I get the tip out if I do break it off?

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner

1972 220D - Gump