Objection, Your Honor.

Thousands of hours in other types does not make you competent in a new
airframe.
Each Type require a different set of skills. That is why you are required
to possess a "type certificate" to fly each different large aircraft.

Certainly, if you have some flight experience, it is expected you
understand the basics of flight, however, large, heavy, and powerful
aircraft move at very different rates of climb, sink, and acceleration. It
is incredibly easy to "get behind the airplane" and be out of control. At
altitude, you have perhaps thousands of feet to "recover and correct".. on
short final approach, at a high decent rate, second equate to thousands of
feet you don't have.

At this time, it certainly appears the crew was far behind the aircraft and
failed first to recognize it was out of control, then second, to take
corrective and effective action in a timely manner to regain control.. to
little, way to late.

Flying a large airliner properly also requires crew coordination, Each
member of the cockpit has a duty to check and recheck both the aircraft and
the actions of the other crew then advise immediately if any item needs
attention.

Until a review of the cockpit tapes on the black box is done, we won't know
if that cross check by crew members was done. It would appear at this time,
it was not.

Grant...