Rich Thomas wrote:

I'll give another try bleeding, maybe fix up a pressure cap and give that a try. Might be time for a new MC anyway as long as I am refreshing the brake system.

I was pretty sure the Olds' MC got damaged with the pump and bleed, because I had clear fluid running on all four corners and a very flaccid pedal that could be pumped up a bit but seemed to drop if I held it down.

In desperation I bled it one more time, and the corner where I'd replaced a broken line gave up quite a bit of air. Since that circuit had drained through the old broken line, all the fluid there was new. When I got an ounce of new fluid with no bubbles I didn't think there could be bubbles behind it, but there were.

Mitch.