I owned a 1958 (?) Wolseley with RHD and semaphore turn signals.  This was
in Fiji, a former British colony.  The car was a 4 speed stick with the
gear shifter knob to the RIGHT side of the driver, between the driver's seat
and the door sill  The shifter was connected to the transmission by some
levers that ran beneath the car.  These levers from time to time got
dislocated, disconnecting the transmission and leaving me with no means of
propulsion.