this pretty much hits the nail on the head.  before the japs, your choices
were to buy some complete piece of indifferently made garbage or spend more
than for a cadillac to get some 57hp beirut taxicab from benz.  the japs
forced people to make good cars to compete with the good cars being made in
japan.  the argument that an 88 corolla feels cheap compared to an 88
560SEC is really not very meaningful given the cost of each car.  if you
changed that to an 88 LS400 and an 88 300E, you have a more fair comparison
and a much harder case to make

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yeah you want a good quality American car like a Pinto or Vega or Cordoba.
>
> Oh wait.
>
> Okay a great quality German car, like a 350SDL or a 140 with rusting
> spring perches or biodegradable wiring.
>
> Oh wait...
>
> You have to credit the Asians with raising the quality of ALL cars. Any
> cheapo new car today will go, with minimal maintenance 200,000 miles. Even
> 20 years ago that was a stretch for all but diesels.
>
> -Curt
>
> From: dsereta...@yahoo.com
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wheel bearing fiasco.
>
> It's not about Pearl Harbor. It's about the cheap associations I make with
> Japanese cars

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*