Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:55:32 -0400
From: Michael Canfield <slozuk...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Truck for Jamie

I  have to question the "added maintenance costs".  Really?  My old idi's
just go on and on with minimal maint.  My friends with gassers that sit a
lot are always fiddling with plug wires or stale gas to get them going for
an occasional mission.  I just go out and give the old 6.2 a crank, let the
smoke clear and off we go.  I will say that is often not as easy as it
sounds in the middle of the winter, that is where a gasser with efi is nice.

The older Fords are well within the $3000 budget.  While harder to find not
rusted away the square body Chevy's are as well.  Keep an eye out and you
can steal a heavy diesel truck from someone looking to downsize.  I got my
97 f250 Powerstroke for $2500 because it sat for 3 years and needed some
work to get going.  Now it is an $8000 truck up here because it has no rust
and looks new.

Be patient and keep a close eye on Craigslist.  Just saw a one owner  2000
diesel 4wd Excursion for $2000........high miles but looks nice and says
drives nice.

Mike