Kalib, I'm in the lower Hudson Valley, about 70 miles north of NYC.

I drove the car to the restoration shop that did my rust repair and repaint
about 5 years ago.  Including new front fenders, a crapload of new trim and a
new trunk lid, as the old one was I rough shape.  Probably dumped $6K+ into the
car that year.

Insco's from both parties did estimates, probably within 10% of each other,
around $3.5K.  Shop left me a msg last night they already has a tail light
assembly, and looking for a rear deck but still need my okay to do the work.
Wilton, thanks for the offer; if I look at this one next week and it's a POS,
I'll contact you.  Shop said insco would cover repair up to the vehicle's value.

My concern was they were going to value the car around $2K and total it. They
value is about $7K, so right now, the numbers look good.   Don't know if I can
just take the $3.5K check and keep/part out the vehicle, or if that's even an
option, which was a thought, if I wanted to get rid of it, knowing the model's
stellar reliability reputation. <g>

More later......

Angelo Giaimo
350 SDL Rodbender 279,xxx miles, and still ticking!

Sent from my iPad