'Sounds like you need/should repair it, and you should be able to get the check and repair it or not wherever and whenever (including never) you want. You could even repair it or not yourself or at shop of your choice. Get check and deal with repair shop yourself, or not.

I though it might have had paint, etc., recently - looks mighty good - well, 'cept the damage, of course.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angelo Giaimo" <michaelangel...@gmail.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 350 SDL Opinions

Kalib, I'm in the lower Hudson Valley, about 70 miles north of NYC.

I drove the car to the restoration shop that did my rust repair and repaint about 5 years ago. Including new front fenders, a crapload of new trim and a new trunk lid, as the old one was I rough shape. Probably dumped $6K+ into the car that year.

Insco's from both parties did estimates, probably within 10% of each other, around $3.5K. Shop left me a msg last night they already has a tail light assembly, and looking for a rear deck but still need my okay to do the work. Wilton, thanks for the offer; if I look at this one next week and it's a POS, I'll contact you. Shop said insco would cover repair up to the vehicle's value.

My concern was they were going to value the car around $2K and total it. They value is about $7K, so right now, the numbers look good. Don't know if I can just take the $3.5K check and keep/part out the vehicle, or if that's even an option, which was a thought, if I wanted to get rid of it, knowing the model's stellar reliability reputation. <g>

More later......

Angelo Giaimo
350 SDL Rodbender 279,xxx miles, and still ticking!

Sent from my iPad