Actually there is quite a bit of water vapor that comes out of the tailpipe in
most any engine. The water that you see dripping out of your tailpipe each
morning is not from condensation, it is water vapor, a by product of the
combustion process. When the engine is warmed up, the water is still there, you
just can't see it as it comes out as "steam". I once saw a stat on how much
water comes out of an engine going down the road and it was pretty impressive,
like gallons per mile as I recall. Another good indication of this phenomenem
is the "contrails" or condensation trails left by jet aircraft. In this case
the water ejected with the engine exhaust quickly cools at those high altitudes
and looks like smoke, but it is really a trail of ice crystals.

Barry