'Zackly what's so frustrating about what I have experienced personally, especially in B-52's, being reported erroneously and in a misleading and sensational manner by too many journalists or wannabe journalists who embellish the facts with what they imagine or may have seen in some fictitious movie such as "Dr. Strangelove," "Fail Safe" and others. I've seen this happen not only with subjects relating to B-52's and the Air Force but other matters, as well, of which I have personal knowledge. Therefore, I've learned to take a lot of the stuff I read, see and hear in the "news" with a bag of salt, as Greg already said, and as I've been telling my friends at lunch for years.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] slow day

Greg Fiorentino wrote:
<<...we are pawns in the racket of "news" reporting.>>

Only if we're too lazy to find alternate information sources. I've been in the boots on the ground and later seen the event reported by "journalists";
so I know to take lamestream media reports with a pound or 2 of salt.

Once I read an account of a situation that I had first hand knowledge of and there were some major factual inconsistencies between what I knew and what was published.

Another time, I read a personal interest story which included an interview of somebody I knew. Then I saw a letter to the editor that she wrote, complaining that what she was quoted as saying was very different from what she actually said.

Mitch.