WILTON wrote:
> Therefore,
> I've learned to take a lot of the stuff I read, see and hear in the "news"
> with a bag of salt, as Greg already said, and as I've been telling my
> friends at lunch for years.

Which still leaves us without any ability to come close to the truth
on matters of DC - not unlike (they say) elephant procreation - waaay
far up and complex.
Another approach is to hide head in sand - which is equally as
effective.  When they want to tell me something, they can get my
attention by driving their black suburbans here to yank my head out
from the sand.  I can do everything the gov't sez they can do without
the gov't.
Why is it that ALL comments bemoan the gov't closure?  Why is it such
a bad thing that gov't is partially shut-down?  What is it that we are
not receiving or doing because of shut-down?  Everything seems to be
running fine, no?
mao