I found a VERY nice 1990 300SEL and am buying it. 122K miles -- perfect
condition, TONS of maintenance records, major suspension overall done
less than 20,000 miles ago.

I have been scouring Ebay, Edmunds, my local paper, etc to find a really
nice 126.  I wanted an 87 300SDL but a low mileage version is priced WAY
too high and the ones that are reasonably priced are turds. I am sure
there are exceptions to this blanket statement, but that is what I have
found.  Because I couldn't find a diesel version, I took a leap of faith
and got a gasser.

Here is a list of everything the PO has done in the last 18 months.

New hood star, grille insert, headlight doors, and emblem (installed by
me).
New steering shock.
New valve cover gasket.
Complete front brakes (calipers, pads, rotors, fluid lines, front wheel
bearings).
Recent Bridgestone tires.
Thermostat housing and thermostat.
Blaupunkt San Diego CD32 CD/Radio.
Vacuum pump (for door locks).
Shifter bushings.
Brake fluid pipes to rear brakes.
New shock absorbers.
Flex disk on drive shaft.
A/C - new auxiliary fans, dryer, hose from dryer to expansion valve.
Headlight wiper blades.
Alignment, front pads at 102K.
New thrust arm bearings (left & right).
New lower ball joints and ABS sending units (left & right).
New tie rod assemblies (left & right).
New upper control arms (left & right).
New center link.
New transmission cooler lines.
New lower control arm bushings (left & right).
New thrust arm mount bushings (left & right).
New radiator.
New A/C compressor clutch.
New windshield wiper transmission
New alternator

I can't really see anything else this car might need.  Any suggestions?

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 122K arriving shortly.