On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

> that i am likely the only person here to be using a pre intel PowerPC mac
>> as his main computer.
>>

> Hardly, all my email is on this 233MHz G3.  Though most days I'm
> using Vine server and Chicken of the VNC to run it from this G3
> pismo.

If it weren't for Jim I think I'd be the winner here in the "oldest Mac in
regular use" sweepstakes.  I have a 1999-vintage G4 tower that gets turned
on almost every day, although it is mostly used only for film scanning,
video conversion, and sound editing. It's been upgraded with the maximum
amount of memory, a CPU accelerator, new hard drives, an SATA card, newer
video card, and a USB 2.0 card (hard to believe it came with USB 1.0 on the
motherboard!), but amazingly is still running the original power supply (I
do have a spare handy just in case).

Alex