If operating costs are not a big deal, then yeah go with the gasser.
But remember the gasser (S500) will bet getting about 14mpg around
town, compared with probably 24mpg on the diesel (S350). That's a BIG
difference in the wallet if you drive a lot of miles, even after
adjusting for the fact that D#2 is a few pennies more than premium
petrol in most places. I don't think the S420 or S320 will offer much,
if any, benefit in around-town economy. They'd probably be a little
better on the freeway though. Even at 16mpg, the diesel is still FIFTY
PERCENT more efficient. YMMV, etc...

=)

Dave M.
Boise, ID