Why should apple support things for decades like Microsoft?  A lot of
things in windows should've been killed years before they were.  Computers
are replaced because they no longer current software that the user wants.
 If you're happy with snow leopard on your old machine keep running it.
 Snow leopard was very nice.  But most wouldn't agree we should still be
using word perfect on 386 machines.