tires can be out of round and/or out of true and still be balanced. these "perfectly balanced" tires will still give you vibes. (i once bought 5 wheels and tires off of a friends new J**p just to get the wheels, only to find that only 2 of the brand-new original low-end Goodyears on them were round and true; there was no way to put any 4 of those on the ground without getting shimmy, shakes and/or vibes.)

what kind of tires did you have on there when this was first noticed? and what kind of tires do you have on there now?

sounds like you already know you have at least one tire (on the rear) that's out of round; i'd suspect that since you feel the vibes in the steering wheel you also have one (or more) that's out of round and/or out of true on the front. get them up in the air and watch both the tires and the wheels while they spin to see i they even spin roundly and without any side-to-side wiggling.

cheers!