Windows XP support ends 4/8/2014.

[1]http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/endofsupport.aspx

I believe organizations for whom XP is "mission critical" can buy
extended support but it'll be expensive. I think they still support
Windows NT for the DoD for example.

I'd advise switching to Chrome or Firefox as a browser. IE8 is pretty
bad by modern standards, and that's the latest IE available for XP.

Allan