Return lines are a wear item, they don't last forever. I had to replace them on
my cars before ULSD came out and I haven't seen any rise in the incidence of
them needing to be replaced since.
I think the change to ULSD was much ado about nothing, I didn't notice any
change in how my car ran or anything else after the change. Pretty much the
same with ethanol, that one is something I'd rather be without but I don't see
it as big a problem as some people do. When we first switched I had a little
trouble on the snowmobiles but once I quit using Sta-bil and switched to
Seafoam for my gas additive the problems I'd been having went away entirely.
The only time I have trouble now is if I forget to add Seafoam so I add it to
every gallon of gas I buy at the time of purchase.

Curt
Well, I've seen the change on my old 617s, not sure what cars you are looking
at. I've had my 617s for around 18 years. I replaced the return lines after
ULSD became in general use and I haven't replaced them since. Thus, I attribute
it to ULSD and not them being a wear item, which they might be, but again, not
in my case. As to the ethanol, my 5.9 Dodge Ram gets about 2 mpg better mileage
on gas without ethanol (when I can still find it out in the country) and it
also runs smoother. Smaller or different engines might react differently, I can
only vouch for how it affects my Dodge. I guess we can all have differing
experiences...that's what makes the world interesting.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.