On Sun, 25 May 2014 14:56:30 -0400 Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> Toggle on 25+ year old Sears shop vac died this week.  Oldest son was
> cleaning his car out and it apparently died.
>
> Got around to checking out a replacement part from Sears.  $24.00.
>
> Heading to Radio Shack to find a suitable substitute.  That's just flat
> out ridiculous.

I agree!

We bought a Sears propane barbecue shortly after we moved here to Los
Alamos (this was about December and the price was markedly discounted).
We used it several times the following summer.

The next summer I went to use it and found the gas regulator had died.
I bought a new regulator from Sears. It worked fine that summer, but like
its predecessor, was inoperative the following summer. (I guess they
didn't like the cold winter weather.)

I bought a new regulator, but not one from Sears (from someone who
advertised on Amazon). It has continued to work in the serveral years
since and has lived through several winters.

Craig