Sad to say, but WW2 was the last war America fought to win. Every war since
then has been a "Political Action" that was run by Congress, who does not
understand how to fight to win, not Generals who do understand that to make
war you must fight to win. There are no "holding actions" .

Since 68 - 70 in Vietnam, I have returned 5 times. Each time with native
Vietnamese who I've become good friends with here. They all lost family in
the South and were part of the "boat people evacuation post fall of
South".  One of them served in communist forced labor camp clearing mine
fields as a 10 yr old girl for 5 years before making an escape.

Each time I've returned, I've been advised that America snatched  defeat
from the jaws of victory numerous times. We now know how the war was run by
politicians not by generals. As we watch our actions in Afghanistan and
Iraq, those same patterns are repeated.

I rise in respect to all who served. I bow in prayer for the families of
the men and women who gave all in each of these actions.

Words are never enough.