WILTON: This is an exceptional essay, as always.  I felt compelled to share
it with several family and friends.  The younger generation needs to know
the real history and I doubt they get it in school.  But senior citizens who
got all their information from the media need to read it too.  Thanks.

All:  On a related note, I have a neighbor who served in the South Vietnam
Air Force and escaped as the South collapsed.  He wrote a very informative
memoir titled "You Must Live."  It's a fast read although the English is a
little choppy in places (not his first language).  I recommend it to anyone
interested in another perspective.  Unlike some of Giap's later statements,
Phan is a regular Joe with no political agenda.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Must-Live-Tuan-Phan/dp/0988304600