On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:43:01 -0800 (PST) Curt Raymond
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah well, I'm a risk taker I guess...
>
>   I wonder, I don't have an ammeter so I can't test current to the block
>   heater to prove its working. I'd tried testing for voltage drop at the
>   battery before but saw absolutely nothing (wonder why..Duh.) wonder if
>   a properly operating block heater would show drop on a 110ah battery.

The block heater should draw 400 W. If your inverter is 80% efficient,
it's taking 500 watts from the battery. At 12 volts, that's 41.7 amps.

Yes, you should be able to measure the voltage of the battery drop when
you plug the block heater into the running inverter.

Craig