My problem seems to be much more of an electrical issue than just the
locking vacuum pump.  I replaced the pump with a used one but the fuse blew
again. Then disconnected the electrical antennae, but it blew again. Then I
did the same with the trunk light, and the front overhead lights, but in
time the fuse kept blowing.  It is strange in that I seem to be able to
replace the fuse, everything works fine for quite a while, then it just
pops again.  Occasionally it blows when I replace it like in a direct short
situation; if I leave it alone for a while, then replace the fuse, it will
work again for several weeks at a time, before it will blow again for no
"apparent" reason.  It is like there is a direct short somewhere and it
only blows when the timing is right, like a bare wire touching occasionally.
When the fuse does pop, I can tell, as the red lights over the rear view
mirror for the seat belts will continually blink on and off when I am
driving.  And of course the ant. won't go up or down and the central
locking system won't work.
I'm at a loss with this one.
Ralph '87 300SDL
          '84  300CD