One consideration that seems mostly forgotten is the environmental impact of wind turbines AND fields of solar panels (visual, wild life deaths, noise - yes wind turbines make noise, etc.). There are a thousands of acres of both in the desert north of Los Angeles and they are a blight. Not to mention that due to transmission losses they have to be sited somewhat near the end users. SO we all get the impacts.
AT
CL500

Aside from the health and noise problems for humans from BIG GEN, them thar big blades whack a LOT of birds, mutilating them and causing death and destruction. I think if they are run after dark they mess up the Bat-radar and lead to a lot of dead bats too.

All factors the central contollers disguised as envirowackos don't consider.