Ah, Ok.... the issue here isn't the GP relay at all most likely.  The glow
plug system and the starter are mostly independent.  One will function if
the other is faulty, and neither can bring the other one down.

Your problem is, in order of likleyhood:
1. Bad ground at the Battery, chassis connection, or either end of the
ground strap to the engine block
2. Failing starter solenoid (tap lightly with a hammer to see if it helps)
3. Failing ignition switch (unlikely, but could no longer pass enough
current to the starter solenoid).

If its really an issue of the battery going dead, then the GP relay could
still be at fault.  But you'd know this because you'd have to charge the
battery to get the car to start again.

Jaime