Greg wrote:
> ...I have had French press coffee many times; but it did not strike me as
> being
> as flavorful as coffee from the vacuum device.

Yes, I agree.
Yama is the one I have been using for 10 years and I agree that it is
a good cuppa.  Why? - I dunno.  I think it is full immersion rather
than pour over.  Yes, the french press is also full immersion but it
is not sucked like the vacuum maker.  I just like the chemistry set
type of process making coffee.  Fiddly - for sure.  I have blown up
plenty of bottom pots using *too* fine grind, so I try to err on the
side of coarse to keep the wallet in good order.  Enjoy!!
mao