Just got back from looking at the car.

IMO worth the price. This is not a perfect example, but a true euro with large powerful engine. It was DOT approved and has updated MPH speedo. No AC, stereo head missing, but has a multidisk CD in the trunk. Original glass front and back, and leaking seals to prove it. Some water intrusion in trunk and cabin. Carpet it otherwise good with no mold or mildew present. Some surface imperfections on the grab handles where extended contact with moisture has made it minor rough. Will polish out no issue. No cracks in the glass, so just get new seals and you will be good.

Lights are all good and functional. Blower works and is manual lever for changing from defog to air. All works well. No cracks or excess wear on the front of back lights. No visible damage to any exterior lights. All lights were bright and did not exhibit wear to the reflective chrome inside. There is some crack in the air dam. And those funky under bumper lights I could not figure out how to turn on.

Undercarriage is in very good condition from scooting under and looking with a light and mirror. Did not see any rust or damage that indicated rough life or leaks to exhaust or in the engine compartment. Some normal road dirt and accumulated oil on the underside of the oil pan and around the diff.

Seats are firm and not torn up front. Top of the rear seat is sun worn and starting to go. Crack in the dash at midpoint. No other cracks I could find in dash, door panels or console. Wood in the console is in superior condition with no wear or de-lamination. Some dirt on the visor, but the headliner is in great shape and clean enough. Sun roof in good shape too.

Oil pressure indicated good, temp was good and fuel gauge worked. Tach was working and clock was off, but IIRC it worked as well. Cabin lights were good except for burnt out door light. Wipers worked on all speed, even intermittent. Hazard switch did not work, though the turn indicators do.

Did not test CC, and owner had not tried it either. Shifts well and has LOTS of power. Automatic. Claims 90% brakes left, and I believe that. Tires have enough tread to get you anywhere, looked good on the chrome bundts but the spare is painted in near new condition. Missing the triangle, but did have the original jack. Did not find tool packet or first aid kit.

He just got the car and had $2500 in tune up work done, so the injectors are clean and good, the distributor is new and all fluids are changed and new. Belts and rubber looked to have much life left. He did not do any Timing chain work, but the car has only 120k on the clock and did not behave in a manner indicating chain stretch.

Suspension seemed tight and steering was responsive. Granted I only did neighborhood driving. Power steering and brakes. There was minor misting and rain. The paint is not the best. Recent color change to this shade of blue. It was masked and painted all over, from hood to trunk. Some over-spray got onto the tail wing and side trim. Clay may take that off. The finish is a little rough and maybe wet sanding and rubbing it out will soften that. Add clearcoat and that would really assist.

He is selling the car because he just bought it from a guy who did not know much about loving the car and wanted to get rid of it cheap instead of fix the few issues that kept it from starting well. The euro SL that he had been lusting for and was told would not be for sale a few years ago, became available the day after he paid for this one. He would rather have the rag top and needs to just cash out what he has into this one to afford the next one.