And the FAA was alerted to his drone flying how????

Seems that someone had to make a call to the FAA to even wake them up to
the use of the drone. Despite our feeling like government is watching our
every move these days, there are many more of "us" than "them" so unless he
ran naked to the FAA with his hair on fire screaming "hijack or bomb" it
seems unlikely that agency even knew his drone flew.

What really happened, before they put the 800 lb gorilla in his mailbox?

Grant...