Armed stand-off in South Carolina, cop barricades himself in home

An armed Charleston, South Carolina police officer threatening self-harm
barricaded himself in a home following a domestic dispute. More than 50 police
officers, including Sheriff's Office Negotiators and a SWAT team, were on
scene, local media reported.

The Charleston County coroner arrived on the scene around 12:50 p.m. ET after
law enforcement began leaving the scene in droves, WCSC reporter Hannah Moseley
tweeted.

Law enforcement began arriving at the scene after receiving the initial phone
call at 7:53 a.m., surrounding the home.

The officer was alone inside the home and refusing to come out. The Charleston
County Sheriff’s Office tried to contact him via phone and PA, however had not
made contact, WCBD reported.

Neighbors in the Autumn Chase subdivision were initially put on lockdown, but
have since been evacuated, deputies told WCSC.

The street in front of the home has been reopened

A police chaplain and county forensics services were at the location, the Post
and Courier’s Prentiss Findlay tweeted.

Police have not released the name of the officer but said he has been on the
force since 2003.
Coincidence or reaction to fellow police officer being charged with murder?
Gerry