All you just said, is exactly why I now have in car video cameras which
records to a hard drive in the trunk [locked, so it takes a court order to
open it, in the interest of preserving evidence]

The cameras have 120 degree field of view, infrared  night capacity, sound,
and GPS signal which gives speed and location [within 15 ft].  There is a 3
inch monitor which allows me to replay selected segments at will, forward
and backward. All installed for about the cost of one mishandled  speeding
ticket.
Key comes on, cameras are on. The hard drive is large enough to give about
1000 hrs of record time before it loops and records over,

To date, I have only needed it one time, for a traffic stop, however, when
I most respectfully spoke with the officer, complied with all his legal
requests for ID and ownership, and then advised him that he was being
recorded and that all motion of the car was also recorded [knowing I had
not broken any law] I offered to replay the alleged infraction, which I
did, while pointing out the GPS speed and location information and offering
to bring it to court, the officer wisely suggested that I was free to go.

Since that incident, I have used the system to record 3 traffic accidents
and provided the recording to officers at the scene investigating. Nothing
like "live on video" information to record bad driving.