I freely confess I lack the technical skills electronically to put all the
bits that make the system in harmony. I used the services of a local tech
genius that maintain the police car camera systems but reached out to the
open market for all the components, which, according to him, are better
than the "government bid" systems the cops use.. I believe he was right.

I will try to get a parts list from him to replicate what I have. I have
been advised at last contact with him that there are now "better bits" on
the market, with better night vision, and digital hard drives, which make
what I have "outclassed" .. ohhh how fragile the tech market.. [personal
lament].. ha

You might want to do a google search for "dash camera" and look at what
comes up.. that should lead you to add on components also.  If I were doing
it again, I would have a third camera out the drivers side window, or at
the "B" pillar, to capture video of anyone approaching the driver window..
with a microphone pickup to record voice from that angle.. You may be tech
savvy enough to assemble your own system with off the shelf parts.