      From: Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: "mercedes@okiebenz com" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Karl Wittnebel <atypical...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 3:24 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wut I dun Lernt frum Wulding this week

Anybody hoping to learn anything about welding should probably post over on
welding Web for some sound advice. I applaud you for diving in though.

Starting on thin material is always going to be a tall order, no matter the
process.

It would probably be just as easy to gas weld that stuff with an oxy
acetylene torch. That's how we did all the floor pans (and all the other
body work) on the 55 chevy convertible when I was a kid. It seems like it
was a lot easier to learn than this Flux wire junk. If you are only doing
one car, I cant imagine you need a wire feed welder, no matter how cheap.
And a torch can be used to cut and heat also.

Where are the pics of this project?

Karl