What about a 300D 4sp combo -- the NA 300TD is not the highest performing car, a 240 would be wayyyyyy less peppy, no?

--R

On 6/15/15 6:13 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
You'd do best to find a rusty 240D with a 4spd and combine the 2 wagons into
one with a 4spd, that'd be pretty nifty.
-Curt

       From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
  Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 3:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] cheap TD
I think this might be the car that belongs to a guy I ran into at a
Lowes last winter who said he had one the engine had seized on. Said
it was in decent shape other than that.  Wonder if I should
transplant my NA TD engine into it and have a nice wagon, scrap my
old one, only be out a coupla hunnad?

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/5073060106.html

It's not like a need another project or car sitting around, but....

--R
It only takes a weekend if you have all the parts. #1 son and I
transplanted  an OM616 auto into the 110 4 speed, and kept it a 4
speed, in place of the OM621 in a long weekend.  That required
fabrication and a lot of modifications.

gofer it