Something in that environment is probably conformally coated, meaning in order
to desolder any components you have to burn through the conformal coating.

When you burn through the conformal coating, you usually need enough heat that
it damages the board and causes the foil to delaminate. Not to mention the
possible thermal damage to any components nearby.

Dan

Sent from my iPad