Eh. Just bash it back into approximately the right shape and replace the light.
College kid right? He drives what rolls, if he doesn't like it he can get a job
and buy his own car...
-Curt
      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Okie Benz <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 5:39 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] S500 Ouchies

I looked there as well. They had a few coupe hoods, but the price was around
$1000 not including shipping.  Fenders were around $300.  So that’s $1300 right
there without shipping.  Then the cost of getting them painted, which I’m
thinking might be around $500.

Now we’re up to $1800 minimum, certainly more.

That’s for a car with 280k on it that I paid $3000 for three years ago.  The
numbers just don’t work.

Oh - don’t forget the headlight, too.  That’s maybe another $200.

Thanks for the suggestion, however.  It was worth a shot.  I look a this as a
blessing in disguise, as it will allow me to get the boy into something a
little more modern/safer and that has better gas mileage.  He’s driving about
75 miles a day for the next year to attend school, so I was getting concerned
about costs and the miles adding up on a car that’s approaching 300k.

Dan